Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An Empty Tea Cup



      Today my cup is empty...and yet at the same time it seemed as though it is overflowing! Not with tea or coffee, but with thanksgiving. Everything feels upside down in my life right now, but strangely it is all OK. God keeps reminding me that He is in control and His words, "let not your heart be troubled" have brought a peace beyond my understanding. This past weekend was very busy. I didn't think I would be able to join you for tea today, but here I am joining late.


      It is in the busy, hectic times of life that I appreciate the few minutes I can sit down and have a cup of tea or coffee and read a bit from one of my devotionals. I find that when I'm feeling heavy and weighed down with cares, taking a moment to think about all the blessings in my life helps me refocus and my heavy heart is changed into a thankful one. A thankful heart is very light and wants to do things like sing, dance, and praise. It wants to rejoice, whether there is tea in the cup or not.


      Today is a beautiful day, the flowers are all abloom, my family is well, and there is much to be thankful for. One of the reasons I didn't want to miss out on joining you for tea today is because I was anxious to share this little book with you. It is filled with tea time devotions...short encouraging tidbits from the Bible and tea related things sprinkled in between. It is quite lovely.


This is the page I turned to....


It says, "David was dancing before the Lord with all his might."
2 Samuel 6:14

      It got me thinking about what that would look like...to dance with all ones might. I don't think it's something a person could do if their heart was heavy. It's something that is done when a heart is filled with praise and thanksgiving.

This quote was at the end of my reading today...



      I hope you have time to sit down today and enjoy a cup of tea, but even more, I hope your pretty tea cup will give you cause to remember all your blessings, and your cup will overflow with joy and thanksgiving.




"With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the Lord;
and in the midst of many I will praise Him."
Psalm 109:30

Have a blessed day,
Charlotte

Linking up with...


10 comments:

  1. I love Emilee Barnes! I think I've read everything she's written. Just a real lady. She's been through some tough times and I guess that makes her even more real to me. I love hearing of your overflowing cup of thanksgiving. You've encouraged me to get my cup ready for blessings...and to appreciate what's already in my cup!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - about to do that very thing - tea is waiting with my banana/blueberry bread. BTW - I have those teacups - a favorite! Thanks for the good Word!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi: Thank you for joining us this week. I always love to visit your blog. You always seem to minister to me. My heart too has been heavy, however, this weekend God reminded me that He is in control. I have a family that is healthy and love me. I too, was reminded to count my blessings. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Charlotte! My heart feels heavy due to all the "stuff" in life. I am encouraged to be thankful for all things and to keep a joyful heart! Bless you Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte, this is such a lovely post....so gracious!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte,
    What a lovely post! Your teacup is really pretty as are the flowers! I quite agree with you; a light heart wants to rejoice whether the cup is filled or not. This week is busy for me as well. I have company coming tomorrow and on Friday morning I'm scheduled for a biopsy as well as other appointments. I'm thankful God is in control and He will give me the grace I need to get through the next few days. Thank you for sharing this with Tea Time and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely post! Things have been so hectic I am behind reading my blogs. Thanks for the reminder I need to just slow down and start counting my blessings. That always puts a smile on my face.
    I enjoyed your post about misplacing things too. That sounds so like me! God is always with us to help though not the way we think sometimes.
    Have a great week,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post ... and a great reminder to be thankful - especially when things are a bit out of sorts. I keep a gratitude journal, that I try to read during these times.

    Thank you for sharing this book .. I'm going to look for it the next time I'm at the book store in the city...xo Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Charlotte,
    Really enjoyed visiting here. I especially liked the part of your post where you said that a heart that focuses on things to be greatful for is light and carefree. Hmmmm! I like the way you put it. It doesn't focus on the cares then. I'll be thinking about this.
    Your post was a blessing and so is your blog with all the beautiful flowers and tea cups.
    I like the feminine touch!
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte,

    What a lovely tea post. I just adore your beautiful teacup and blooms! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte