Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Remembering His Faithfulness

When I write about the past, it is usually because there is something in the present that is bothering me. A situation I need to trust God in or remember His past faithfulness. It often involves my boys because they have been a huge part of my life, and making it to the end of raising five boys takes a lot of trusting and depending on God.

I’m one of those moms who tend to worry about everything – especially things I cannot see, like what goes on in a boy’s head or heart. Though I know very well Christians aren’t supposed to worry (be anxious for nothing…), I am constantly having to give this over to God. Remembering His faithfulness in the past has been a big help to me. So I am often found traveling down Memory’s Lane in search of examples of God’s hand on our lives, then I write about them.

These poems or stories become to me like monuments erected on page, as demonstrations of His power and presence in the lives of those I trusted in His care. So many years have passed but He has not changed. He has remained faithful, steadfast, and true.

When my boys make decisions that cause the “mother’s heart” in me to cringe, I can know that God is as much in control of their lives now as He was when they were toddlers. You might find me sitting on the couch with a photo album in my hand, thumbing through the pictures with tears rolling down my face, but don’t be alarmed. With every turn of the page I am finding His handprints of faithfulness there, reminding me He has covered each album, each child, each day, with His mercy and Grace.

“Great is Thy Faithfulness”
By Thomas O. Chisholm

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte