Tuesday, May 5, 2009


What Would I Give Them?
By Charlotte


What would I give my boys today if their futures were in my hand?
Nothing but this- that their paths would be straight and each become a godly man.

What would I teach each one of them if all knowledge I could give?
First of all this - that Jesus died, so they could always live.

What would I sing to them today if I sang like the angels on high?
“Jesus Loves Me This I Know,” is the first song I would try.

If I could take them anywhere a man would ever go,
I’d take them first to the rugged cross, and there we would all bow low.

I’d put their hands in Jesus’ and let them hear from Him,
How he died upon that cross, to save them from their sin.

If I could prepare wonderful foods, I’d rather give this instead,
A hunger and thirst for righteousness, and the “Word” for their daily bread.

What would I give to my boys today if all riches were in my hand?
I’d give them a bible filled with God’s truths, so on solid rock they could stand.

I’m only a simple mother…no fancy things to give,
But I can show them Jesus, in the example that I live.

I’ll give them all that is in my heart, and try to do my best,
I’ll put my trust in Jesus, to take care of the rest.


"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" Phillippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte