Monday, January 14, 2013

Are you afraid?

 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10 (NKJ)

 
     I said it today, out loud. I admitted it, confronted it. I said it to the one who already knew; the one who has always known, even before I knew. He has been waiting for me to say it, to admit it to myself. Just three little words, “I am afraid.”

      A question was asked a few days ago…and I made up an answer, one that I tried to convince myself was true. But really, as I thought more about it, I had to admit it wasn’t. It was the answer I had been telling myself for a long time, so I wouldn’t have to take a chance and risk failing. If I had answered truthfully, I would have admitted that I was indeed a coward.

      Thankfully, every day is a new day, filled with new mercies from God’s steadfast love toward me. I will begin anew this journey of seeking my Father’s face, drawing closer to His heart. I will take a step, be brave and speak over the year 2013 one life-changing word.

Fearless…fear-less.

That’s it, my one goal - Have less fear.

I’ve had fear all my life and I'm sick of it. It needs to go!

      It's the one thing that keeps me from fully trusting God with everything…my boys, finances, college, and His calling on my life. It paralyzes me from taking a step forward, in faith, and obeying Him instantly. I stop to calculate the risks…question my ability; ask myself, “Did I hear Him right?” That’s all it takes for fear to sneak in and prevent me from moving forward.

No more!

      He loves me too much to leave me in fear’s grip. He has promised to be with me, protect me, and love me…I can trust Him. Trust and fear cannot coexist in the same heart, when one comes in the other leaves.

I choose trust. My Father is trustworthy, faithful and true.

I will fear-less. I will be fearless.

Are you afraid? It's not too late to change. Join with me today and choose to be fearless.

Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Love you, sister...God will be faithful to deliver you. May you live in His love like never before.

    ReplyDelete

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte