Monday, January 4, 2010

"I Love You" in the Clouds



“I Love You” in the Clouds


It took God all my life to make, the person I am now,
He used each day to mold me, though I can’t imagine how.
Even in the trying times, His fingers pressed down firm,
To hold me there within His will, when I would try to squirm.

Each person, place, and circumstance, so intricately sewn,
Within the fabric of my life – His handiwork now shown.
Along the way I fought Him, I questioned and I fussed,
Not recognizing His soft voice, that whispered then - “You must.”

My days passed by as clouds do now, that drift along the sky,
Some dark and stormy – came with wind, and I would ask Him why.
He’d answer me with skies so blue, they softly answered back.
Those stormy clouds are there to test, and bring the faith you lack.

Then He became my shelter, in His arms where wind can’t blow,
He covered me with mercy, and His goodness there He’d show.
The storms kept coming in my life, to bring me back to Him,
Until His face became so clear, and thunder clouds so dim.

Now it’s hard for me to fathom, a day without a cloud,
For in them I can hear Him speak - “I love you” right out loud!

1 comment:

  1. The music over here is so beautiful! :)

    I just wanted to thank you for your heartfelt comment today and for sharing about the phase of parenting you're in. I loved reading what you wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte