Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Thankful Heart


"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders,
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."

(Psalm 9:1-2)


These words went from the heart of David to the ear of God. He continually prayed for God's help and then followed it up with praise and thanksgiving. God said of him, "He is a man after mine own heart." Why? What did David do that God would say this about him?

When I read David's journal - the Psalms, these are some phrases I see, "Teach me; come to me; You are my portion; I lift my eyes to you; I call with all my heart; Out of the depths I cry to you; I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I cry aloud to the Lord; I will exalt you; Praise the Lord, O my soul; How good it is to sing praises to our God."

I think God called David a man after His own heart, because David continually sought God's presence in his life. He sang praises to God and urged others to join him. He was a man with a thankful heart even when his life was in peril. He called out in despair and ended in praise.

This Thursday will be Thanksgiving. It has become a tradition to celebrate with a feast that represents the abundance of our blessings.  As we set our turkey dinners on the table and join together with family and friends, may we set a place in our hearts for His presence. May we lift up our voices in praise and thanksgiving to the One who has provided for our needs and blessed us beyond comprehension.

Let's enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise; let's be thankful to Him and bless His name!

Along with all the other things in my life that I will be thanking Him for, I will thank Him especially for you - my friends.

Counting my blessings,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte