Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time To Let Go!



Letting Them Go
By Charlotte

I raised them to adulthood,
Kissed them on the cheek,
Watched them go into the world,
Their own lives now they seek.

All the years of planting,
God’s truth within their heart,
To be a compass guiding them,
A godly course to chart.

It’s time to walk without me,
My eyes tear as they go,
Their steps at times seem shaky,
Testing all they know.

I’m sure they know the Savior,
They accepted Him back when,
They were little children,
Did they understand it then?

At times they don’t act like it,
They choose to disobey,
The truths that I have taught them,
And go the other way.

Those times my heart feels broken,
And I can hardly stand,
Did I teach them all they needed,
When I still held their hand?

I poured my days into them,
I hope that time’s not lost,
I’d do it all again right now,
No matter what the cost.

When they feel the storms of life,
Toss and blow them down,
Will their foundation hold them?
Will they stand on solid ground?

The seeds that I had planted,
God moistens with His dew,
He placed a hope within me,
To trust His work’s not through.

He’s been there all the time,
Helping them to choose,
It’s me He wants to step aside,
Now circumstance to use.

He’s teaching them to listen,
To the Holy Spirits voice,
His words of conviction,
When they make the wrong choice.

What He’s doing in their lives,
He’s doing in mine too.
Strengthening my trust in Him,
And all that He can do.

Do I believe He’s holding them,
Within His arms of grace?
Lovingly teaching them,
Do I trust Him in my place?

Can I believe my weaknesses,
Were there to show His strength?
And things I tried to measure,
In Him there is no length?

He knew before He chose me,
I couldn’t do it all.
At times I’d have no answers,
And many times I’d fall.

It’s not so much my standing firm,
He made sure that they knew,
But when I stumbled and I fell,
Who did I hold on to?

Did I cling to my savior,
When times were getting rough?
Did I run into His shelter,
Or did I reach for other stuff?

This is the greatest lesson,
A Mom can ever teach -
Our God is right beside us,
He’s there within our reach.

This one thing I’ll remember,
When they walk out of that door,
Is Christ still walks beside them,
As He always did before.




I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that You are able to keep that which I have committed unto You against that day.
(2 Timothy 1: 12)

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
(Philippians 1: 6)

If I should say, “My foot has slipped,” thy loving-kindness, O Lord, will hold me up.
(Psalm 94:18 NAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte