Friday, August 1, 2014

I'm a Blank Blogger

This blog is every bit reflective of my life. Old news sits here on the front page while I run on ahead of it trying to catch up with the days passing. Little time to think, or reflect. I'm a blank blogger. The page is empty because my life is full...overflowing at the moment.

I left this beautiful child here on the page (last post), not forgotten, but waiting here. Hope always waits.

We had Compassion Sunday at my church and fourteen children waiting in hope were sponsored. I was so happy, but not as happy as they are to be chosen. I put the other's packets, the ones not sponsored, back in the box they arrived in and closed the lid. It made me feel sick.

They are now back in the system...going to other churches, hoping one day they will be chosen, and not go back in the box.

Its hard to blog about other things. After seeing the needs of so many suffering around the world. What could I possibly blog about - some trivial happening in my overflowing American life? It seems so unimportant compared to the starvation of millions and children dying of malaria doesn't it? My words should mean something...be full of something other than letters of the alphabet organized in words on a page sounding like empty jabbering. Much ado about nothing.

I don't want to make you feel good. I want to make you feel like doing something good. Sponsoring a child...saving a life...giving hope to a child waiting. I can promise you - when you do something good like this, you also feel good.

It is true that hope always waits...expects...and it is also true that hope fulfilled brings with it joy, not just for the one waiting but for the one who answers its call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte