Saturday, March 30, 2013

He Came


He Came…
 
Streets of gold where angels sing
He came from a holy place
To dusty earth with humanity
To walk with a sinful race
 
Eyes of heaven piercing through
Unveiling broken hearts
Touching lives with healing hands
Giving brand new starts
 
Inconceivably He came
From throne - unending praise
To cursing, scorn, and vial remarks-
The mockers hateful gaze

 
He came to make a way for me
Through the blackest night
To pierce the darkness of my soul
Dispel it with His light
 
He had no choice but to come
His love was much too great
To watch me perish on my own
And suffer my own fate
 
Lamb of God, undefiled
Came to die for me
For sins dark chains to be removed
That I would be set free
 
He came…for me

 

...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
of whom I am chief.
1 Timothy 1:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte