Monday, February 22, 2010

What does hope look like?

I am ready for the cold and dark days to go away! How about you? Winter can be beautiful but seems so long...there is a danger of wilting!

 My flowers seem so happy when the sun peeks out and warms the ground. Isn't that similar to us, when God shines his light into our hearts and warms us with His presence.

"For God who created the light to shine out of darkness,
hath shined in our hearts..."  2 Corinthians 4:6



If I could pick something that reminded me of what hope looks like, I think I would choose a flower. The way it begins from a seed or bulb planted down in the dark ground, and at just the right time breaks through the dirt. It reaches upward and unwraps into a lovely flower!

What does hope look like to you?

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting that you should ask the question, "What does hope look like?". I heard someone share: "Fear" and "Hope" - both of these things haven't happened yet. We have a choice to embrace one, or the other. Why not choose to embrace "Hope"? - Since neither one has happened yet! "Hope" would be the better choice. - The hope of a beautiful flower garden!

    ReplyDelete

...Please leave a comment so I know you visited! Thanks - Charlotte